Start: Monday, February 03, 2020 at 08:00
End: Friday, February 07, 2020 at 17:00
Colombia Energy Sector
Atlantic Canada Market Entry
The Maritimes Energy Association has received funding through the Atlantic Canada Trade and Investment Agreement to implement an 18-month project plan to establish an Atlantic Canadian business presence in the Colombian Energy Sector.
This plan includes three components:
- Trade Mission February 3 – 7, 2020 to Barranquilla, a World Energy Cities Partnership City (WECP). Barranquilla is located on the Caribbean Sea at the mouth of the Magdalena River, and as such is positioning itself as the Energy Capital of Colombia;
- In-bound mission of Colombian Stakeholders to Atlantic Canada in March or April 2020 and;
- Mission to Colombia that will take place in the fall of 2020.
If your company is export ready and offers: supply chain good & services in the onshore or offshore oil & gas sectors; international technical training programs; or have capabilities to supply the wind, solar, LNG transportation and energy efficiency sectors this may be an opportunity to export to the Colombian market.
Please confirm your interest to participate in the first mission February 3 – 7, 2020 by November 22, 2019.
Each Colombian Mission – Winter of 2020 and Fall 2020 will include:
The services of a Matchmaking Consultant that will provide the following to each delegate company:
- A Road Map for Success in Colombian market prior to each visit, including a SWOT analysis, business etiquette, background and advice on how to be successful. To provide delegates companies that participate in each mission with progressive business development, the individual Road Maps will take into consideration the development that has taken place and provide a progression of steps to further solidify the delegate companies’ position in Colombia;
- At least 2 to 3 one-on-one meetings with high quality prospects each day while in-market;
The opportunity to connect with the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Colombia who will provide support with program planning, execution and follow up;
Discounted rates through pre-arranged Hotel Block bookings in Barranquilla;
All in-market transportation, including airport transfers will be pre-arranged and will take appropriate security measures in keeping with the guidelines from previous missions in-market;
Translation services for B2B meetings and events;
Site visits and presentations;
Networking Reception in-market.
In-Bound Mission for Colombian stakeholders to Atlantic Canada in March or April 2020:
- Visit to a minimum of two Atlantic Canadian cities, tentatively Halifax and St John’s;
- Workshops that will be designed to bring exposure to a broader range of Atlantic Canadian energy supply chain companies to the opportunities in Colombia. Topics and sessions will be designed to focus on building a relationship with Colombian delegates that demonstrates the immediate needs of the energy sector in Colombia and the ability of Atlantic Canadian companies to fulfill those needs;
- Site visits for Colombian delegates to demonstrate Atlantic Canadian business competencies, infrastructure and capabilities;
- Business Networking Reception.
For further information, or questions – please contact Louise Hawkins, Member Relations Coordinator, The Maritimes Energy Association at Louise@maritimesenergy.com or 902 425 4285.
Fees to Participate:
Colombia Mission February 2020
$500 + HST per company
Atlantic Canada Workshops and Networking Reception 2020
$60 + HST Registration Fee per person
Colombia Mission November 2020
$500 +HST per company
All other expenses are the responsibility of the attending delegates including airfare, meals, accommodation and incidentals.
Project Fees to participate will be charged separately, as participation by delegate company and event dates are confirmed.