The Environmental Program Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the environmental program including environmental effects monitoring, directing the processing of data, integrating with advisory committees, and contributing towards ongoing sensor technology research. This is a fast-paced management role that will include team organization (combination of subcontractors and/or staff), time management, developing budgets, monitoring progress and preparing reports. The Environmental Program Manager will have hands-on involvement in the deployment and recovery of instruments used for monitoring and data acquisition as part of the Environmental Effects Monitoring Program (EEMP). The Environmental Program Manager may also be responsible for the supervision of ocean technologists at FORCE and directing the processing of monitoring data. The Environmental Program Manager integrates activities with FORCE's science director but reports directly to the general manager.
· Manage all components of the environmental program including environmental effects monitoring project management (contractors, budgets, schedules, etc.)
· Work with the science director, advisory committees and regulators to maintain project permitting and approvals
· Direct the processing of environmental monitoring data
· Contribute to and engage in meetings with advisory committees, regulators and stakeholders
· Assist in the development of procedures, safety plans, work instructions, log sheets, and data management procedures for the various instruments and the deployment of these instruments to support FORCE's EEMP program
· Ensure regular maintenance of environmental monitoring instruments as part of FORCE's EEMP program, including directing the development of maintenance and service records, planning and performing maintenance
· Participate in the development and delivery of environmental monitoring and science engagement products
· Maintain knowledge of international research, monitoring, development projects, and industry developments, and make recommendations to FORCE regarding instrumentation upgrades
Education and Experience:
Post secondary education in a marine, environmental science or related field
Experience and certifications working in a marine environment
Demonstrated experience managing projects
Demonstrated leadership of others in a team environment
The following characteristics will be considered a strong asset:
Experience with fisheries acoustics
Experience working with multiple stakeholders and building networks
Knowledge in occupational health and safety practices
Experience in presenting and public speaking
Valid Driver's License
Domestic Vessel Safety
Standard First Aid
Work With Us
This is a full-time permanent position (40 hours per week). Compensation will be commensurate with skills and experience and a staff benefits program is available. Reporting to the general manager the successful candidate will work primarily from either Parrsboro or Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, however travel between both sites is required.
We value diversity and inclusion at FORCE. We actively encourage applications from members of communities with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to: Mi'kmaq and other Indigenous peoples; African Nova Scotians and members of communities that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, or place of origin; persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities; persons who identify as women; and persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. If you are a member of an equity group, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application form, cover letter, or on your resume.
To ensure your application is reviewed, apply by 4:00PM AST, October 22, 2021. To apply email your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header "Environmental Programs Manager". FORCE welcomes submissions from all interested parties; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about this opportunity, please email email@example.com
Oct 5, 2021
Full-time - Permanent