Energy Storage Canada
Career Opportunity - Communications and Member Relations Manager
(Permanent / Full-Time)
About Energy Storage Canada (ESC)
Energy Storage Canada (ESC) is the national association for the energy storage industry in Canada and represents the full supply chain of energy storage. ESC focuses on advancing opportunities and building the market for energy storage through advocacy, networking, and stakeholder education. Our mission is to advance the energy storage industry in Canada through collaboration, education, policy advocacy, and research. We take an unbiased view towards technology and are supported by the contributions of our active members. For further information about ESC, visit www.energystoragecanada.org
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Communications and Member Relations Manager will play a key role in developing and executing thoughtful, strategic, integrated, and forward-thinking communications and member engagement strategies. Based anywhere in Canada and working remotely, the successful candidate will grow awareness and understanding of our sector and of our association and membership across digital and traditional media platforms, amongst other responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Developing and implementing annual communications and member relations plans
- Writing & content development for web, social media, newsletters, news releases, op-eds, etc
- Managing the day-to-day website with our external IT consultant
- Managing ESC social media activities
- Working with the Executive Director and Event Consultants in the planning and development of the Annual Conference (and any other ESC events)
- Lead in marketing and promoting the ESC's annual conference (and any other ESC events)
- Building relationships with key contacts and partners in media and other organizations
- Fostering positive relationships with our members
- Maintaining membership database, identifying potential new members
- Preparing and distributing regular communique to members
- Review and analyze membership data and report on trends
- Planning and coordinating member sessions (i.e., webinars, non-conference in-person events)
- Managing the development of reports and publications such as an Annual Report
- Under normal circumstances, travel within Canada could be expected up to 15% of the time to attend events and meetings.
The Successful Candidate
The ideal candidate will combine a high level of professionalism, experience in digital communications and traditional media, member engagement, and a passion for energy and environmental issues and politics.
Desired characteristics & attributes:
- Creative, detail-oriented, and marketing savvy
- Superior writing skills
- Good eye for (and interest in) graphic design
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at one time under pressure
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, agile organization
- Adaptable to a changing schedule, and ability to think on their feet
- Willingness to “pitch-in” and see tasks through from beginning to end
Education, skills & experience:
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field preferred
- At least 2 years of communications, digital and social media experience
- Familiarity with digital platforms and tools such as mail chimp, word press, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Solid understanding of the suite of MS Office tools (word, excel, ppt, Teams, etc.)
- Solid understanding of media and member relations
- Bi-lingual (English and French) an asset
- Energy and/or environment sector experience preferred
- Association experience, an asset
Do you have other characteristics, attributes, skills, or experience that make you a great fit for this role? Please do tell us about them.
Please send your resume and a cover letter that explains why you are well suited for this role,
and why it would be the right career move for you to firstname.lastname@example.org, before June 22 at 5 pm ET with “Application for Communications and Member Relations Manager” in the subject line. As we expect to receive a large number of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank all candidates for their interest in this role.
Please click here for full job posting.