- Job no: CB9B3
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with community members, non-profit organizations, stakeholders and employees
- Sheet Harbour and Cochrane Hill
- 5 days on, 2 days off roster; drive in / drive out (own transport required)
Atlantic Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of St Barbara Limited, an ASX listed gold producer and explorer with mining assets in Canada, Australia and Papua New Guinea. We are proud to be a Company recognised by industry awards for operational excellence and performance, sustainability, gender diversity and pay equity.
We seek an experienced professional to fill the role of Community Engagement Specialist.
This permanent and full time position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1-hour northeast of Halifax, near Middle Musquodoboit, Nova Scotia. The mine is fully permitted and began production in fall 2017.
Our Community Engagement Specialist will join a dedicated team. Reporting to the Communications Manager , your role will establish and maintain effective relationships with community members, non-profit organizations, stakeholders and employees to cultivate a mutually beneficial operating climate for the business and to support overall strategy execution.
- Act as a key point of contact for individual residents, business leaders, NGOS and interest groups to develop and implementing community relations plans and supporting communications in accordance with St Barbara’s community relations policies and standards.
- Build and foster meaningful relationships with the community and all interested stakeholders via regular engagement in line with the Provincial Plan and identifying programs to deliver outcomes that align with St Barbara values and corporate social contribution plan.
- Prepare communication materials including newsletters, factsheets, key messages, speeches and social media content and ensure alignment with Corporate messaging and values.
- Provide information to the community, staff and other stakeholders on Atlantic Operations and representing St. Barbara’s interest within the community offices.
- Address and respond to concerns from the community and other key stakeholders and, where possible, involve them in the development of mitigation strategies and outcomes.
- Track and analyse all communications, engagement activities, concerns and commitments using internal software system and regularly reporting on progress to Atlantic Operations and monthly corporate reporting.
- Proactively identify local trends, potentially contentious community issues, providing advice, and make action recommendation for effectively managing issues.
Our successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A personal commitment to behavior consistent with St Barbara's Values including honesty and integrity, respect, working together, delivering to promise and striving to do better
- Post-Secondary Education in relevant field
- Two (2) to three (3) years community, customer relations, or project management experience
- Experience in a communications or community relations, Non-Government Organization’s community development project role
- Ability to travel/personal vehicle
- Ability to develop and implement community liaison strategies
- Experience in managing community issues for corporate aspect or community development projects
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; and ability to expand relationships
- Strong service-orientation, result driven and proactive
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to manage key initiatives within a budget
- Relevant experience in the mining or resources industry considered an asset
- Experience working with First Nations/Indigenous communities to achieve common goals a definite asset
- Existing contacts and relationships in the Eastern Shore of Nova Scotia considered an asset
- 'Grow our own Success' approach with a preference to develop and promote internally
- Developed and structured professional development opportunities and educational assistance
- Competitive compensation, health benefits and RRSP matching program
- 2020 PDAC Viola R. MacMillan Award recipients for developing the Touquoy open pit mine and consolidating other gold deposits near Moose River
- Be a part of the high performing St Barbara community - a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of Choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities and we provide nil gender pay gap in like for like roles and a commitment to addressing pay equity and gender equality through our recruitment, promotions, reward and recognition programs.
Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter.
For further information about St Barbara visit https://stbarbara.com.au/careers/
Please understand that screening and interviewing may take place prior to the advertised close date.
- Published on 01 Jun 2021, 4:10 PM
Please click here for full job posting.