Date Posted: May 11, 2021
Reference Code: 70408-en_US
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada
All Available Locations: Burlington; Calgary; Edmonton; Fredericton; Halifax; Kanata; Kitchener; Langley; Moncton; Montreal; Ottawa; Quebec City; Regina; Saint John; Saskatoon; St. John's; Toronto; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Winnipeg
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
About the team
Deloitte has been committed to supporting Indigenous leaders, communities, and organizations for nearly 30 years. As a firm we are advancing reconciliation by fostering meaningful and lasting relationships in working with Indigenous peoples, clients, and communities. The Deloitte Indigenous team is the core team executing the firms Reconciliation Action Plan which underpins our efforts in working with our clients. Our team members are located across the country and this role can be done remotely.
What will your typical day look like?
In this role you will join the Deloitte Indigenous team; key responsibilities include assisting in the execution of Deloitte Canada’s Reconciliation Action Plan based on the guiding commitments and targets under the pillars of Education, Employment, Inclusion and Economic Empowerment. You will join a passionate team leading Deloitte’s Indigenous strategy to help embed reconciliation across internal functions of the firm as well as working with key external stakeholders. The person in this role will provide communication support, tracking the impact of our commitments as well as driving marketplace efforts. This role will be a key support in executing our strategy, while engaging internal committees supporting the firm’s commitments.
- Presentation support, such as drafting PowerPoints and other communication documents.
- Respond to information requests as needed (internal and external requests)
- Web (internal) content management and online community management
- Monitor reporting for Reconciliation Action Plan commitments: education, employment, inclusion, economic empowerment
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data to create quarterly dashboards for sharing commitments
- Assist in year-end reporting on Deloitte Indigenous progress to be shared internally and externally
- Partner with internal teams to expand programs, metrics, and communications
- Analyze impact metrics to share with regions and leaders
- Scan for market opportunities, conduct general marketplace research
- Support Leadership Committee members with outreach, tracking and follow up
- Facilitate introductions across business lines and regions
- Support for external Reconciliation Action Plan development projects
Administrative Support for Deloitte Indigenous:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and presentations
- Maintain contact lists and team site of documents
- Responsible for taking meeting minutes, drafting agendas, and preparing background documents as required
- Assist with marketplace reporting and analytics
- Respond to general internal and external information requests as needed
- Prepare and process invoices as required
- Assist in the development and tracking of the team budget
- As this is a new role within the firm, responsibilities may shift according to the needs of the organization and the skill
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a professional environment
- Knowledge and experience navigating through a complex, professional environment
- Bachelor degree or diploma in business, marketing, communication or related field
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to furthering reconciliation with Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with a keen eye for detail
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook
- Experience with CRM an asset
- Superior organization skills and a self-starter
- Demonstrated effective project management skills. Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and timelines independently
- Bilingualism (English, French, and/or any Indigenous language) is an asset
- Self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.