Priority is proud to partner with the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce in their search for an Event Manager to join their team. Established in 1874, the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce is proud to be an award-winning organization that continually strives to meet and exceed the needs of their members. With more than 1000 members, the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce is New Brunswick's largest chamber of commerce. The chamber is nationally accredited and their vision is "Stronger Community Through Business Prosperity".
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Are you detail oriented and highly organized? Do you love planning events from start to finish? If so, the Event Manager position could be for you. The Fredericton Chamber of Commerce are seeking a team-oriented individual with strong negotiation skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
The Event Manager will report directly to the CEO. They are responsible for all aspects of planning and logistics involved with executing major annual events as well as all smaller events hosted by the chamber. The successful applicant will have the ability to establish and follow budgets, strong time management skills and a collaborative approach. The Event Manager will be responsible for 50 plus events annually, some being virtual and others in person. These events range in scope from webinars to the State of the Province Address, with 1000 guests. The successful candidate is expected to develop and implement new events, following trends and best practices, in addition to managing the existing events.
- Event coordination and management
- Establish and follow budgets for each event
- Solicit and confirm feedback from event partners, stakeholders and attendees
- Execution of successful and popular events
- Creation of sponsorship packages and ensuring deliverables are met for each sponsor
- Member retention and growth
- Relevant education with a minimum of 2 to 3 years experience managing events
- Positive attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Creative thinking
- Leadership capabilities
- Extremely reliable
Fredericton Chamber of Commerce offers competitive benefits following the probationary period. The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $48,000 annually, dependent on the candidate's level of relevant skills and experience.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter to Priority as soon as possible.
We thank you for your interest in this position, however, only those selected for screening will be contacted.
Please click here to apply.