At the Offshore Energy Research Association (OERA), we bring people and information together to find ways to sustainably develop Nova Scotia's energy resources. We are collaborators and problem solvers-providing the leadership, funding, and expertise necessary to enable petroleum and renewable energy research that will have a meaningful and tangible impact on the challenges and issues we're facing as a province and as an industry today.
We are seeking a full-time Research Manager - Marine Renewable Energy & Clean Tech to join our team.
In this fast-paced role, you will facilitate research initiatives to help enhance understanding of how energy resources interact with the natural and social environment. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of OERA's marine renewable energy and clean tech research initiatives - multidisciplinary technology development programs with specific deliverables. You will help to leverage skills and expertise from academia, industry and government partners to advance directed research. You will encourage technical innovation and help to build energy sector knowledge to address current challenges and opportunities.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Defining program options, schedule, risk, costs and deliverables.
- Determining scopes of work with required resources for work streams within the programs.
- Ensuring interfaces are identified and tasks are integrated.
- Managing delivery of program funding through calls for proposals and other mechanisms.
- Facilitating stakeholder relations between project proponents, government and industry.
- Performing critical path analysis and develop action plans to mitigate risks.
- Progress and financial reporting to program participants, funders and stakeholders
- Supporting activities that further OERA's mandate.
- Participating in research-related communications initiatives as required.
Your qualifications include:
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or technology.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience managing research or technology development projects worth $3 million or more.
- Demonstrated expertise in maintaining financial controls, contract management, risk management and project reporting.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with big data processing and analysis concepts.
- Project management qualification (PMP) preferred.
- Proficient with project management software tools.
Please apply to:
Nalani Perry, Operations Manager
Your resume and cover letter should be provided in one PDF document.
Quote competition number RM-06 when applying.
Closing date for applications: Friday, February 7, 2020 (end of business day).
OERA is an independent, not-for-profit organization, helping to build, share, and transfer the technical information that acts as the catalyst for sustainable resource development. We value diversity in the workplace and are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.