Energy North is a “not-for-profit” trade group of over 160 members in the Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy and Nuclear markets. Our area of operation covers Aberdeen, Orkney & Shetland, Caithness, Ross-shire, Inverness, Moray, Argyll, and the Outer Hebrides. This confirms the Energy North as the voice of Energy in the North of Scotland and Islands.
The North of Scotland and Islands are rich in Oil & Gas reserves, but also have excellent resources for the energies of the future – onshore and offshore wind, wave, tidal and hydro. As a consequence, it is therefore rich in expertise and experienced supply chain contractors, some of whom operate successfully and competitively worldwide. Many of these contractors are members of Energy North.
Our areas of activities are varied but include;
- The development of Ignite, our comprehensive energy project database for exclusive use of members
- Targeted focus groups to address issues and areas of concern
- Trade Missions and exhibitions promoting our members and the wider area to the rest of Scotland, the wider UK and abroad
- The development of a major skills plan for the area
- Regular events for networking and information on the Energy Industry
- Weekly updates around the group on forthcoming events, relevant news articles, information on funding, etc
- A quarterly newsletter with informative articles from key stakeholders, members and other relevant bodies
- Political lobbying of both UK and Scottish Parliaments
If you would like any more information on Energy North please email firstname.lastname@example.org