Start: Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 11:00
End: Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 17:00
The half day Business and Supply Chain Forum is designed to explore the opportunities presented by marine renewable energy development in the Atlantic region.
Attendees will gain insight on the prospects for marine renewable energy development, as well as opportunities for businesses and suppliers. You'll hear from industry experts from across Canada and internationally, including:
- Adrienne Downey, Principal Engineer and Country Manager, Hexicon
- Trent Vichie, CEO & Founder, EverWind Fuels
- Dr. Steve Bonnell, Manager - Strategic and Regional Assessments, Impact Assessment Agency of Canada
- Karen Gatien, Deputy Minister, Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources and Renewables
- Paul MacLean, Director, Bear Head Energy
- US Business Network for Offshore Wind
- Northland Power
- Sarah Thomas, Project Manager, DP Energy
- Jason Hayman, CEO, Sustainable Marine
- Fundy Ocean Research Centre for Energy (FORCE)
- Michelle Robichaud, President, Atlantica Centre for Energy
See the detailed agenda and speaker biographies HERE.
Marine Renewable Energy Business and Supply Chain Forum
1:00 – 5:00 PM
Westin Nova Scotian Hotel | Halifax | Nova Scotia
With Canada and countries around the world working to decarbonize the economy through measures such as electrification and the use of carbon-free fuels like green hydrogen, the amount of clean energy produced will need to increase dramatically. While solar and wind energy are a key focus for expansion, it is increasingly recognized that a diverse electricity mix and solutions will be needed. The opportunity for marine renewable energy like tidal and offshore wind energy to play an important role in both supporting the energy transition and building a Blue Economy is increasing, as are the opportunities for businesses and suppliers with existing capabilities in marine, energy, and offshore industries.
After an afternoon of business insights and industry updates, join us an evening summer social and lobster dinner on Lake Banook!
Summer Social & Lobster Dinner on the Lake
6:00 – 9:00 PM
Mic Mac Aquatic Club | Dartmouth | Nova Scotia
Our Summer Social on the beautiful Lake Banook is a perfect opportunity to catch up with colleagues and make new connections. After a number of years of scaled-down events due to the pandemic, we are making this one bigger and better with a lobster dinner, a live band and fun activities by the lake!
- Full Day (both events) - includes registration to the afternoon business & supply chain forum + summer social with lobster dinner, live band, hors d'oeuvres, drink tickets/bar
- $225 + tx (member rate)
- $275 + tx (non-member rate)
- Summer Social ONLY - includes registration to the summer social with lobster dinner, live band, hors d'oeuvres, drink tickets/bar
- $100 + tx (member rate)
- $150 + tx (non-member rate)
Need hotel accommodations? We have secured a discounted rate of $219/night for both Aug 10th and Aug 11th at the Westin NS Hotel for those that are coming from away and need accommodations. To book, please contact the Westin directly at 1-866-761-3513 using promo "Marine Renewables Canada Forum".
**Rooms at this discounted rate are limited - please book ASAP.