Start: Friday, February 11, 2022 at 09:00
End: Friday, February 11, 2022 at 14:30
When: February 11. 2022
Areas of interest: Careers, Science
A significant gender gap has persisted throughout the years at all levels of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines all over the world. Even though women have made tremendous progress towards increasing their participation in higher education, they are still under-represented in these fields.
Gender equality has always been a core issue for the United Nations. Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls will make a crucial contribution not only to economic development of the world, but to progress across all the goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, as well.
Please join us for a day of webinars celebrating women and girls in science in New Brunswick. We will have speakers from NBCC, Science East, NB Power, Moltex Energy, ARC Clean Energy and The Gaia Project.
Speakers will begin at 9 AM. The tentative agenda is posted below.
- 9 AM – Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE) – Opportunities in the Energy/RE segment – Joanna Osawe
- 9:30 AM – Janice Williams – Science Education and the SDGs
- 10 AM – Green Career Panel – hosted by The Gaia Project
- 10:30 AM – Colleen d’Entremont, ACfE – A Boost of Confidence
- 11 AM – Women in Small Modular Reactors – hosted by NB Power, ARC Canada and Moltex
- 12:30 PM – A Woman’s Perspective from Inside the Trades – hosted by MAP SWS
- 1 PM – Women in Science, Engineering, and Technologies at NBCC
- 1:30 – Science Spotlights hosted by Science East
- 2 PM – Women in Computer Science – University of New Brunswick
- 2:30 PM – Women in STEM – ChatterHigh
How to join
Please use the link below to join.