Start: Monday, November 01, 2021
End: Friday, November 05, 2021
Many Atlantic Canadian businesses have built unique experience through engagement in the marine renewable energy sector in Atlantic Canada but have not pursued opportunities outside of the region. There are still many untapped marine renewable energy projects in Canada that would benefit from Atlantic Canadian businesses’ experience and expertise – and the strategy for the sector has been to build experience domestically, in order to be viewed as a global leader that can export expertise and technology to the international market.
Marine Renewables Canada is leading an East-To-West Mission to Vancouver, British Columbia from November 1-5, 2021 with the objective to further promote and find opportunities for Atlantic Canadian companies that would build their experience in marine renewable energy and increase their capabilities that would make them more competitive in the international market. Aside from marine renewable energy, the mission will also focus on other similar sectors (marine and offshore industries, renewable energy) by collaborating with local trade organization, The Association of British Columbia Marine Industries (ABCMI). This mission will serve to:
- Connect companies to business development opportunities through organizing and hosting a business connector forum in British Columbia, working closely with other relevant BC-based trade organizations such as Association of BC Marine Industries (ABCMI).
- Gather insight on project opportunities in BC/western Canada and what the current gaps and needs are that could be pursued by Atlantic Canadian companies.
- Profile 12 Atlantic Canadian company’s expertise and capabilities that could assist with early projects in BC.
- Develop a B2B activity to connect Atlantic Canadian companies with BC/western Canadian companies.
Dates – November 1-5, 2021
Location – Vancouver, BC
Mission Fee – $500
Mission includes – one (1) complimentary delegate pass to the ABCMI Conference, opportunity to display information at MRC booth in ABCMI trade show, networking event, business connector forum (incl presentations by mission companies) & assistance with B2B
Mission Outline & Activities:
Attendance to the ABCMI Conference, taking place November 2-3 in Vancouver, BC
- Mission fee includes one (1) complimentary delegate pass
- Additional passes can be purchased through ABCMI conference website directly
Display company information/brochures at MRC booth in the ABCMI conference trade show
- All participating companies can display their company information (brochures & business cards only) at the MRC booth.
- This booth won’t be large but can be used as a “home base” for mission participants
- MRC will staff the booth to greet visitors, answers questions and will contact mission participants if there is an enquiry about their company
Business connector forum in Vancouver, BC on November 4th (venue TBA)
- This forum will provide insight on state of the sector in BC and potential opportunities
- Presentations by Atlantic Canadian companies to profile expertise and capabilities that could assist with early projects in BC and/or partner with BC/western Canadian companies
- B2B to connect Atlantic Canadian companies with BC/western Canadian companies
Networking Event on the evening of November 4th (venue TBA)
- Networking event to provide and informal setting for east and west coast companies to connect and mingle