Start: Thursday, September 09, 2021 at 11:00
The Centre for Women in Business (CWB) is coordinating a multi-sector, business-to-business virtual trade mission for a group of Atlantic Canada businesses this fall. Together, we will participate in a virtual trade mission to Kingston, Jamaica and Miami, Florida.
The main objective of this mission is to provide Atlantic Canadian companies the opportunity to assess and develop new markets by meeting a number of pre-qualified potential customers, partners, agents, distributors and other key industry contacts in each region.
This is a non-gender specific trade mission, open to Atlantic Canadian businesses. At the CWB, we continue to emphasize the benefits of working with women owed business including building more robust supply chains, fostering greater representation of customers and employers, and opening new markets.
We have extensive knowledge about what the current and future Jamaican market needs and are prepared to make these important connections to address these gaps. Miami continues to play an increasing role as a global hub for international commerce and emerging opportunities in the Caribbean basin and Latin America.
Our virtual trade mission will include all of the key elements of an in-person mission, including:
- Pre and post-mission sessions and training with delegates
- One-on-one practice session training, coaching and mentoring
- Learn to work with online meetings, with the preferred technology in foreign markets
- Individual meetings with pre-qualified potential business leads in one or both markets
- Individual meetings with the Canadian Trade Commissioner Services representatives from Global Affairs Canada in Miami (responsible for Florida, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands) and in Kingston, Jamaica (Responsible for Jamaica, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands).
- Online (private) access for each delegate tracking meetings, including time, mode, and pertinent information on the contact, available in real-time, with access to instantaneously input results
The cost of participating in the mission is $500+HST.
It is anticipated that CWB will lead another follow up in-person mission in 2022.
Join us for an information session where we will provide an overview of the virtual trade mission, hear from market representatives and the Canadian Trade Commissioner, and answer questions that you have about the mission.
Date: Thursday, September 9th, 2021
Time: 11:00 am – 12:30 p.m. AST
Register now for the information session
For more information:
Centre for Women in Business