Start: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 13:00
End: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 14:00
- Sabina Russell, B.A.Sc., P.Eng – Principal, Zen Clean Energy Solutions,
- Tim Murray, M. Sc., E.I.T. – Project Engineer, Zen Clean Energy Solutions
This presentation will outline the key findings and results from a feasibility study commissioned by OERA, in partnership with the Nova Scotia Department of Energy & Mines, the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Atlantica Centre for Energy, Heritage Gas Limited, and Liberty Utilities, to access the economic opportunities and technical challenges of hydrogen production, storage, distribution, and use in Atlantic Canada. This work supports the region’s broad energy policy objectives related to climate change, inclusive economic development, and sustainable development of energy resources.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Identify potential opportunities for hydrogen production, storage, distribution, and use in Atlantic Canada from 2020 – 2050
- Asses the technical and economic role hydrogen could play in the Atlantic Canada
- Identify and recommend solutions to fill knowledge gaps relating to economic opportunities and the technical challenges of implementing hydrogen technologies in Atlantic Canada
- Recommend instruments and policies to enable hydrogen to help decarbonize the economy
The OERA webinar series is hosted in Zoom.