Start: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 13:00
End: Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Marine Renewables Canada (MRC) is leading the development of an Offshore Wind Energy Strategy which includes both near-term and long-term actions. The near-term work is focused on assisting Canadian and Atlantic Canadian businesses pursue and secure opportunities in international offshore wind (OSW) energy development, particularly in the Northeast United States where there is a window of opportunity to get involved.
As part of this strategy, MRC is leading a mission to the International Partnering Forum (IPF) for Offshore Wind taking place in Providence, Rhode Island April 21-24.
In advance of the IPF mission, MRC, in partnership with ACOA and the Nova Scotia Department of Energy & Mines, is hosting a workshop to assist mission delegates as well as MRC members and Atlantic Canadian/Canadian companies with interests in pursuing opportunities in the US OSW market.
**The workshop will be designed to assist mission delegates, but the content will also be beneficial for companies/ organizations not attending the mission. All are welcome to register.
Date – Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Time – 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Location – The Westin NS Hotel, Atlantic Ballroom
~1181 Hollis St, Halifax, NS B3H 2P6
**NOTE - there will be an option to remotely attend for those that are not local
The workshop will include the following components:
Deep dive into the US OSW market
- US state targets for OSW and awarded projects
- Key projects and industry involved (developers, contractors, etc) by state
- Identifying and understanding barriers to entry in the US market
- Navigating local content requirements (what are they by state; which are legally binding or suggested) and strategies to address
- Overview of key/primary legislation and regulations affecting US OSW development
Developing your business case – strategies and tactics to access the US OSW market
- Understanding gaps in the US OSW market and areas of competitiveness for Canadian/Atlantic Canadian businesses
- Tackling opportunities where there is competition – what is the best approach
- Communications and marketing – developing the pitch and messaging for the US market
The session is open to IPF Mission Delegates, MRC members as well as non-members.
Workshop Registration Fees:
MRC IPF Mission Delegate: Free
MRC Member rate: $25
Non-member rate: $45
Space is limited, so please register as early as possible.
Registration: CLICK HERE
Contact: For any questions about the event, please contact Amanda White at 902-717-0716 or firstname.lastname@example.org