|Return to Bulletin|
Posted: Aug 24, 2017
Research Manager – Marine Renewable Energy
The Offshore Energy Research Association of Nova Scotia (OERA) is seeking a part-time Research Manager, with availability up to 26.5 hours (3.5 days) per week.
This is an opportunity to join a leading research organization that specializes in offshore environmental, renewables and petroleum energy research in Nova Scotia. The OERA funds and facilitates collaborative research through strategic partnerships with academic, government and industry, with a goal to contribute to and support the sustainable development of Nova Scotia’s offshore energy resources.
We are looking for a Research Manager to join our team on a part-time basis. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing research calls;
- Drafting Requests for Proposals (RFPs);
- Project management and R&D administration of active MRE projects;
- Preparing progress reports / spreadsheets on research project activities;
- Drafting, negotiating and executing research contracts;
- Managing stakeholder relations with project proponents, government and industry;
- Supporting OERA research committees; and
- Supporting research related communications initiatives as required.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in environmental sciences or engineering – with preference given to more advanced degrees;
- Project Management Certificate or equivalent relevant work experience;
- Minimum 5 years experience, preferably in renewable energy, environmental science, or engineering;
- Experience in developing and writing RFPs;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; and
- Works well both in a team environment and independently.
If this employment opportunity is of interest, please respond with a resume and cover letter in one PDF document, stating salary expectations and your availability Monday through Friday.
The OERA values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Nalani Perry, Operations Manager
Offshore Energy Research Association
Please quote competition number RM-03 when applying.
Closing date for Applications: Friday, September 15, 2017 - End of Business Day