June. 13th - Closest to the Hole 2017
Jun 13, 2017
It’s time to dust off your best plaid golfing attire and prepare for a great day of golf, while supporting this very worthy cause – Plaid for Dad! We hope to see lots of plaid leading up to Father's Day and next Tuesday on the golf course.
Not only is this tournament a great networking event, it has proven to be one of the biggest revenue generators in support of PCC – Atlantic. Our goal is to continue building on our past success, by incorporating the Plaid for Dad campaign into the golf tournament this year.
There will be some games to play and signature Plaid for Dad gear available for purchase. Please come dressed to impress, with your generosity clubs in tow! The weather forecast looks great, the Old Ashburn golf course is in spectacular condition - and as promised, no bugs and no ticks!!
8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Registration Opens – Hot Breakfast Served
9:40 a.m. Opening Remarks
10:00 a.m. Shotgun Start
3:00 – 4:30 p.m. Buffet Dinner & Closing Remarks
Important information for registered golfers:
There is NO ATM on site. To purchase Plaid for Dad promotional gear or play the games you will need to bring cash.
Directions to Old Ashburn Golf Club – CLICK HERE
• Please note that short shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, t-shirts and jeans are prohibited;
• Footwear is mandatory in the Clubhouse;
• Caps are not permitted in the Clubhouse.
• Soft spikes only;
• No outside alcohol is permitted;
• Replace all divots;
• Rake sand bunkers.
Tournament Rules & Policies:
• One team member is designated captain and scorekeeper;
• All members tee off - The captain selects the tee shot the team wishes to play;
• All members hit their next shot from that spot within a club length, no closer to the hole and ball position may not be improved;
• Over the 18 holes, two tee shots from each team of four must be used;
• The scorekeeper keeps track on the score card of which team member’s shot was used;
• The next shots proceed in a similar manner as above;
• Once on the green, putting proceeds in a similar manner as above;
• Two putt rules are in effect;
• One score is recorded for the team - lowest score wins, regression on ties;
• Captains are responsible for speedy play;
• No hunt rule is in effect;
• Immediately upon completion of play, please complete and then return your scorecard to the Pro Shop where it will be tallied by a course official;
• Record lost balls on score card.
This year we encourage all of you to support Plaid for Dad and dress in any plaid attire you may have. There will also be plaid gear available for purchase at registration.
Please provide this information to anyone who may be accompanying you – FORWARD TO YOUR TEAM!
Thank you to all that have registered, and a very special thank you goes out to all our Sponsors…
$225 pls. HST for Members (Team of 4 - $900)
$250 pls. HST for Non-Members (Team of 4 - $1000)